Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The pyboards Have Arrived!

Arlington Tech, the name we have informally given to the new school being planed for the current Arlington Career Center, will have a focus on STEM ("green STEM" in particular).  Our carpentry instructor has both experience with and a big interest in high school robotics, and since robotics is an inherently interdisciplinary endeavor, I'll be working with him next year to help students learn to program the robots.

When I heard about the programmable microprocessor that runs Python 3 called the pyboard at Pycon a last week, I was naturally interested in investigating it as a possible tool for our robotics effort.

I ordered two pyboards, which arrived today.  Here is a picture of one of them:



Here is a screen shot of one of the example scripts from this tutorial, which prints out value from the accelerometer on the board:


I have to stay focused on GIS programming and Firefox OS, but I have a friend interested in microprocessors who plans to explore this further.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your informative article on software testing. Your post helped me to understand the future and career prospects in software testing. Keep on updating your blog with such awesome article.
    Python training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your article and always keep updating.
    python training

    ReplyDelete