Monday, August 24, 2009

It feels good to be part of history...


On Sunday morning (Aug. 23) I met with a friend who works in the Ministry of Culture. We talked about the ministy's interest in using Free Software in the cultural centers they have throughout the country.

At 12:30 pm on the same day, I attended the Ubuntu-SV "Pizza Bash" where I got to hear about the exciting things the 24 folks who attended the event are doing to promote free software in El Salvador.

The most exciting news is the decision recently made by the Ministry of Education to switch from proprietary to free software in all the public schools in El Salvador.

This afternoon I had the opportunity to speak on Radio Cadena Mi Gente, where I had the opportunity to describe what free software is and why I was in El Salvador promoting it to listeners across the country.

It feels good to be part of history, and to play a part, no matter how small, in making changes for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment