We are going to have a few immediate challenges:
- Getting developer keys on each of the 40 machines.
- Getting an language appropriate version of Sugar installed (English in Arlington, Spanish in Chalatenango).
Following the instructions, I:
- created a /boot directory on an empty USB drive.
- copied Actos.zip and Runos.zip into the /boot directory.
- rebooted each XO with the USB disk in the machine.
- watched the message indicating that the "Laptop data recorded successfully", after which it shut itself off.
As a last step for today, I've attached the LAPTOPS.DAT file to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a developer key for each one.