Friday, July 17, 2009

XS Progress

The most exciting new from yesterday is the work Josh did on the XS server. Since he posted about it on his own blog, it will suffice for me just to link to that here.

When he showed me how we can use Pigeon to view connections to our jabber server, I was thrilled! I've given Josh the task of becoming one of the world's foremost experts on the XS. Since there are only a handful of people who have ever set one up before, that lofty goal may be within his reach ;-)

GASP Python Course

This first two week session of our Summer enrichment program has provided a great opportunity to use the GASP Python Course with real students. Sheet 5 needed major surgery to be usable, which I completed last night just before midnight. On the last day of the class, we will take a stab at working through sheet 6, which develops a version of a Pac-man like game called chomp.

This weekend I'll be contacting Gregorio Inda, who has kindly offered to help translate these materials into Spanish. I hope to have some of them ready in time to use in El Salvador.

No comments:

Post a Comment